1. Recommended length is 6,000 to 10,000 words.
2. Follow MLA Handbook, 7th edition.
3. Include URLs for all web citations in the works cited.
4. Format all material—including quotations, notes, references, and poetry—as follows: single-sided, double-spaced, 1-inch margins, 12-point font.
5. Write an abstract (50–150 words) on its own page.
6. Submissions can be either e-mailed or sent as a paper copy:
A. E-mailed copy: Attach as Word (or other word-processing) file with all identifying information removed. Use the body of the e-mail as a cover letter, including complete return address. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Submission: Surname, Short Title.”
B. Paper copy: Enclose cover letter with contact information, including e-mail address, and one copy of the article with all identifying information removed. Address manuscripts to Lynda Zwinger, Editor, Arizona Quarterly, 1731 E. Second St., University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721-0014.
7. Photocopies of or low-res illustrations are acceptable for first review, but high-quality TIFF files should accompany the final manuscript. Arizona Quarterly, however, reserves the right to exclude any illustration.
8. Authors are responsible for obtaining copyright permissions.
Ethics and Malpractice Statement (click here for complete text)
Arizona Quarterly makes no claims about factual accuracy of nor assumes responsibility for the opinions in the articles it publishes, and cannot be held legally responsible for any errors or omissions.